Thursday, January 14, 2016

Prototype series


Cover art of the first game and that's Alex Mercer
The cover art of well read it and that's Heller
My eighth review will be on Prototype and Prototype 2. In Prototype you play as Alex Mercer on the main island of New York (Manhattan Island). You were working for Gentek but the Blacklight virus changed you by erasing your memory and by making you into a super cool shape shifter. Your objective is to regain your memory by consuming (not by eating them through) the people involved with you  and remove the virus. What I like about this game is that you have many powers to mess around with like claws, a sword arm, hammerfists, whipfist, shield, armor, muscle mass and other things. Also if you think that Alex is good all the way, you are wrong he is an anti-hero (which means if he needs to kill innocent civilians to get to his goal than so be it). Messing with military personnel is always fun by framing them of them being  you because you don't know who is a shape shifter. If you do so they will shoot them no questions asked while you are still alive. You can pick up cars and with the muscle mass pick up trucks and throw them at the military or civilians. You can pilot helicopters and tanks/APCs only. In a helicopter I am mostly hard to kill because I am that good flying and destroying other helicopters who are in my way. In a tank I just run over infected and military personnel because they shouldn't be in my way. When ever I found a target for the web of intrigue (your memory) I stopped whatever I was doing and paid him or her their last visit in a violent beat down. One thing that I found enjoyable is catching something that a hydra throw at you and throw it back.One it caught and throw back at me (I wasn't expecting it the first time) and we played a bit of catch until we we failed (like a dangerous game of hot potato but with a big chunk of concrete or a car). Finding all the orbs (at first) was fun because there were everywhere. There is a certain kind of tank that fire's thermonuclear blasts and destroys or kills in a huge blast radius that is fun to use. With the whipfist you can grab people further away from you and I sometimes say <<Get over here>> like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. Now for what I hate about this game. First off getting the achievement nice guy (beat the game by consuming less than ten civilians which if you didn't know consuming is the only way to get back to full health) is difficult because there everywhere and you take a lot of damage even with the armor ability on. Remember thermonuclear tank that I mentioned earlier (if you did good, if you didn't read back) yeah its fun to use but not fun to go against. I think I took a break because I was getting pretty annoyed (for your information am not like people who throw there controller or break the console or TV, I just turn off then go eat or walk). Finding the last collectibles is annoying, for instance I had to look up where the orbs are but there are two different kinds of orbs (hints which are pink and just plan old blue collectibles). It was the same thing with the web of intrigue when I had one person left. I tried to look up the location of the last one but there wasn't a map but a suggestion, which was to sweep the island above the streets with a helicopter. When I found him the first time I was so excited that I jumped out and the helicopter it fell near him and exploded which killed him. The second time was when I was successful. The final boss is the most frustrating because first when you get him at a certain amount of damage a cutscene plays than a timer appears. The timer is ONE MINUTE AND FORTY-FIVE seconds but that's not the worst thing. When he has a sliver of health he jumps away. One time he did that I had three seconds on the timer and lost. If I would rate this game on a scale from one to ten it would be 7.9. Here is the link to the trailer  www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvsUkUaJjYs. Now for Prototype 2. You play as SGT. James Heller and your objective is to get revenge on Alex Mercer and the virus for killing your wife and daughter. Now the virus is called the Mercer virus because he was responsible for the first outbreak (on accident) and two years after the second on purpose (even though he said he didn't liar). For the first 5 minutes of the game you are human chasing after Mercer. Than you get interrupted by a blackwatch helicopter (the same organization from the first game) then Mercer destroyed it. After the you being chased and a quick time event, Alex gives you the same some of the powers that he has had but you have to get through the game to gain the others like all of the weapons. Now for what I like about this game. There is some similarities to the first game so I won't repeat them. Now the vehicles have unlimited ammo. There is a indicator for the collectibles now and not as much. When Mercer says the line at the very beginning <<also put some ******* clothes on>> (oh yeah in this game there are alot of swearing). You can make people a bomb and if you have a special code you can kick them like a football. The helicopter now has the thermonuclear treatment. The final boss doesn't have a timer on it. During the final boss if you use the same weapon has the boss is using he well counter and say <<I'm using that>> or <<Copycat>>. He some times says << You can be the grandfather of the new world>> Heller's response is <<Now you're tring to make me mad>>. Sometimes he uses the Whipfists and tries to slam a helicopter into you. Now for what I hate about this game. The thermonuclear blast from the helicopter isn't as devastating as the one from the tank. You can't frame someone for being a you and I liked in the first game. If I would rate this game on a scale form one to ten, it would be a 9. The trailer is at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment