Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Alien:Isotlation

The third game I will be reviewing is gonna be Alien: Isolation based off the Alien movie franchise. This game takes place 15 years after the first alien movie and you play as Amanda Ripley, Ellen Ripley's daughter through the Sevastopol space station to retrieve the Nostromo flight recorded which is from her mother's ship. The game is a first person horror game which means you aren't in a bird eye view so you can't see what's behind you unless you turn your head around. There are enemies like some humans, the androids (which are very creepy by the way) and the main thing too watch out for is the Xenomorph (the alien if you didn't know the name). You can use weapons like the maintenance jack or guns to kill the hostile humans or the androids but it can't kill the Xenomorph. The shotgun, bolt and anything to do with fire will make it stop or make it flee. The game is dark so you can't see in some areas but you can use the motion tracker or the flashlight but the flashlight can run out of power. In harder difficulties the motion tracker glitches so it is not as precise as in easy or medium mode. One way to avoid hostile humans or all the androids is to hide in the vents or hide under a table because they are pretty dumb and don't check the vents or under an obvious table but that doesn't work with the alien that can go into the vents (it's pretty terrifying when you encounter it in the vents). In the first two missions of the game you don't see a trace of the Xenomorph except at the end of mission two. Mission three you see it after you disengage the lock down and it comes down really slow so you can a long look at this terrifying alien standing in front of you. After it first appears you will have to go to the elevator while trying too not get caught. The game is about 20 hours long. The edition I got had the Nostromo edition which came with a 30 minute expansion which you can play as the original crew of the Nostromo. In the expansion you have too block most of the exits so the Xenomorph has to go where you are plan to kill it. What I like about this game and it's expansion is that it's a long game so more fun for me. This game made want a pet Xenomorph because it is such a cool alien with its design. I like the time when I was trying to get an achievement which not to die by the alien in the 4th mission, I was confident that he wasn't in the vent but I was wrong and he killed me while I jumped out of my chair. In of the many cutscences of the game your are just walking in a room and the Xenomorph drops out of nowhere. It is so satisfying when you use the flamethower or throw  molotov at the Xenomorph and scare it away because its an animal and most animals are afraid of fire (I said how does it feel to be afraid of me). Reasons why I don't like this game is that its stressful because you can't see behind or a cross the hall so you have to stick your meaty head out and if it sees you dead because you can't outrun it. That the motion tracker is garbage on hard difficulties when I tried the hardest difficulty (I stopped because I went to another level to show something to my brother so I had to start the game again after). The three  things that I hate the most about  the facehuggers is that they hide under  stacked boxes because the facehuggers are terrifying, annoying and they jumpscare you(its scary when you play the game for the first time and the jumpscare happens). If I would rate this game from one to ten I would give it a 8. Here is the trailer www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h0cgmvIrZw.




A facehugger (Do not let this thing hug your face)

The Xenomorph (have fun with the nightmares)















4 comments:

  1. I love alien Isotlation! Alien Isotlation is the best game ever! On a more serious note, I actually never played this game but after reading this post I think I'll give it a try. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome. If you do eventually get this game, go in your room or somewhere dark and play the game so you can play with full effect and maybe scare you even more than in the light like what I did (sometimes)

      Delete
    2. Well, my entire room is about as dark as my soul so that should be a problem lol. Now I just have to wait for a steam sale or something.

      Delete
  2. I have seen gameplay of the game it looks fun and have allot of jump scares that I would enjoy to play the game for myself if i had a good computer I can't wait to see what other games you post about.

    ReplyDelete